Orthotics are custom-made shoe or heel modifications that a doctor prescribes for you. Usually, they prefer this treatment to cure your feet, leg, or back disorders. In this blog, we have discussed the top ten reasons why you should visit an Orthotic clinic in Toronto. Read on to know more in detail.
Why Should You Visit an Orthotic Clinic in Toronto?
A podiatrist is a foot specialist who specializes in diagnosing and treating foot ailments. They might recommend orthotics to treat different types of medical issues such as:
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis can both cause foot pain and improper posture, which orthotics can help with.
- Bunions: Bunions are painful lumps that occur at the base of the big toe and can induce foot disorders. Orthotics with a spacious toe box can assist relieve strain on the big toe.
- Hammertoes: Bunions on the big toe cause severe hammertoes as a secondary effect. They result in discomfort in the second toe and anomalies on the forefoot. The use of orthotics can support your feet and lessen the risk of hammertoes worsening.
- Flat Feet: Flat feet can cause discomfort in the feet, ankles, and back. Orthotics can support your feet with proper positioning.
- Bursitis: Bursitis is a painful condition caused by inflammation of fluid-filled sacs in the heels & toes. It can be relieved by using orthotics with heel and arch support.
- Back Pain: Poor foot placement, such as inward rolling arches or a lack of cushion, can create back pain & discomfort that orthotics can alleviate.
- Injuries: Orthotics may be required for those who have had injuries to their feet and ankles.
- Heel Spurs: Excess bone arises on the rear or bottom of the heel, causing heel spurs. The use of orthotics can support the foot while also reducing inflammation.
- High Arches: Extremely high arches can cause knee discomfort, shin splints, and plantar fasciitis by overworking the feet muscles. Orthotics can save your feet from sliding inward or outward too much.
- Plantar Fasciitis: Plantar fasciitis is one of the most prevalent causes of heel discomfort. Doctors often prescribe orthotics to support your heel and foot.
What Types of Orthotics Are Suggested by Experts for Your Feet?
Orthotics come in a wide range of materials that can be modified. A doctor will prepare an orthotic material prescription depending on your condition and symptoms.
Usually, the Orthotics are made from fiber or plastic with enough flexibility and cushioning. Moreover, some orthotics are full-shoe inserts that look & feel like the insoles found in many sporting shoes. Others consist of a tiny heel insert that fits into the shoe’s rear cup.
Another alternative is ankle-foot orthotics. It has a shoe insert and an upright part that stretches from the heel upward & across the calves.
How Can Orthotics Treatment Help You to Recover Fast?
Orthotics is a comprehensive therapy that addresses various problems, most often physical discomfort in the feet & legs. Here are the processes of how orthotics treatment can help you to recover fast:
- Foot deformities fixing
- Help with ankle support
- Assisting in the proper functioning of the forefoot or heel
- Lessening the incidence of further injuries
The Bottom Line
To summarise, Orthotics realign the foot structure to get correct skeletal balance by lowering the joint pressure, which triggers agony.
However, if you are suffering from extreme leg, ankle, knee, foot, or back pain, visit an Orthotic clinic in Toronto immediately. Moreover, Toronto Physio & Wellness Clinic is a renowned healthcare center where you can go for.
We have certified podiatrists who have years of proven expertise in helping patients heal from severe foot problems. Feel free to get in touch for more details and book an appointment today!